"if you were polite and nice with your activism we’d listen" no you wouldn’t you fucking liars
Meat, dairy, eggs… I won’t go back to eating that shit, and that’s a promise.
evil tumblr truncating and linking posts messin’ people up >:(
hahahah I felt pretty silly for sure
Go vegan. Everyday. Animal agriculture is the largest cause of global warming, pollution and deforestation. Yes, it’s worse than all the worlds transportation systems combined, and much worse than crop farming. Pro tip: cutting out meat actually reduces…I applaud your commitment to make changes to your lifestyle. Honey is a huge problem as well and I advise you take a look at the resources in my honey tag to understand how honey production and be exploitation harms bees even in local small operations.knowledgeandlovehad a hard time with honey too and welcomes discussions about it. there are several delicious alternatives to honey that don’t harm creatures. the first step in going vegan is to let go. our petty attachments to animal products are nothing in comparison to what they lose.
“our petty attachments to animal products are nothing in comparison to what they lose.” Excellent commentary <3
deepwithinanarmsreach my favorite honey replacement for tea at first was agave, but now I enjoy putting dried fruits in like cranberries, pineapple or figs, or just coconut oil ^-^
What helped me the most was accepting the fact that the bees need honey, and we don’t. Despite how beneficial it seems to be on our behalf, we still don’t need honey the way bees do.
Awe I’m glad you were able to rescue him from your dogs! I wonder where his mama went, poor little guy :’( I hope your dogs don’t try to eat him again :o
What a wonderful thing to hear, congratulations on allowing true compassion into your life <3 Avoiding scenes like that is pretty much impossible and it hurts whenever they come along, but you can’t predict when these scenes will show up, yanno? I mean unless it was specified somewhere, I can’t imagine you’d be able to tell whether or not a movie or TV show is going to show animal product consumption.
I do, however, boycott Game of Thrones because of their gross use of fur and leather (over 31,000 square feet in season 3 alone).
|—||Jack Kerouac (via losdir)|
Brian Skerry photographs the results of commercial bluefin tuna fishing in the mediterranean. The World Wildlife Fund estimates that each year, 4.4 million sharks and 90,000 turtles are unintentionally caught as bycatch from unregulated commercial tuna fisheries using long lines and drift nets. A shark caught in a net will suffocate to death. Shark numbers have declined by as much as 80 per cent worldwide, with a third of all species now threatened by extinction (pew charitable trusts)
Can we stop destroying the oceans with our rampant and irresponsible fishing practices now? We don’t need to eat fish to survive. Stop it.
NOOOO NO NO NONO FUCK FUCK FUCKIG CBS IS TELLING WOMEN NOT TO REPORT SEXUAL HARASSMENT BECAUSE IT WILL “DAMAGE THEIR CAREERS” and “HARASSMENT IS AN UNFORTUNATE PART OF CLIMBING THE LADDER” I AM SO ANGRY THEY ARE LITERALLY TURNING SEXUAL HARASSMENT INTO A NORM THIS IS NOT OKAY
This is an actual article and I’m still having a hard time believing it’s real.
Why feeding water birds bread is harmful:
- Duckling Malnutrition: In an area where ducks are regularly fed bread, ducklings will not receive adequate nutrition for proper growth and development. Furthermore, because ducks will naturally seek out an easy food source such as human handouts, ducklings will not learn to forage for natural foods as easily.
- Overcrowding: Where an easy food source is abundant, ducks and other waterfowl will lay more eggs and the pond or lake will become overcrowded. This makes it more difficult for the birds to seek out healthier food sources and increases the likelihood of territorial aggression.
- Pollution: When too much bread is offered to ducks, not all of it will be eaten. The soggy, uneaten bread is unsightly and rotting bread can create noxious odors as well as lead to greater algae growth that can clog natural waterways. This concentrates the pollution and can eventually eradicate fish and other life in the vicinity.
- Diseases: Feeding ducks bread can increase the spread of diseases in two ways. First, a carbohydrate-rich diet leads to greater defecation, and bird feces easily harbor bacteria responsible for numerous diseases, including avian botulism. Second, moldy bread can cause aspergillosis, a fatal lung infection that can decimate entire duck and waterfowl flocks.
- Pest Attraction: Rotting supplies of food leftover from sated ducks will attract other unwelcome pests such as rats, mice and insects. These pests can also harbor additional diseases that can be dangerous to humans.
- Loss of Natural Behaviour: When birds become accustomed to handouts, they lose their natural fear of humans and may become aggressive in order to get more food. Their loss of fear can also cause other dangers, such as a willingness to cross busy roads in order to reach picnickers and other likely sources of food.
Good Foods to Feed Ducks:
The best foods for ducks are those that provide the nutrients, minerals and vitamins the birds need for healthy growth and development. Many of these foods are similar to the natural seeds, grains and plants the birds will forage on their own. As omnivorous birds, ducks will eat a great deal of different foods, and the best foods to offer ducks include:
- Cracked corn
- Wheat, barley or similar grains
- Oats (uncooked; rolled or quick)
- Rice (cooked or uncooked)
- Birdseed (any type or mix)
- Grapes (cut in half)
- Frozen peas or corn (defrosted, no need to cook)
- Mealworms (fresh or dried)
- Chopped lettuce or other greens or salad mixes
- Vegetable trimmings or peels (chopped)
- Duck feed pellets or poultry starter pellets (x)
Cats who can’t figure out walls [x]
PLEASE TAKE YOUR CAT TO THE VET IF YOU SEE THEM DOING THIS BEHAVIOR OVER TIME.
It’s called “head pressing” and it occurs in dogs and cats.
Head pressing is characterized by the compulsive act of pressing the head against a wall or other object for no apparent reason. This generally indicates damage to the nervous system, which may result from a number of varying causes, including prosencephalon disease (in which the forebrain and thalamusparts of the brain are damaged), or toxic poisoning.
http://www.vet.cornell.edu/FHC/health_resources/toxoplasmosis.cfm (head pressing is listed as a symptom)
http://sevneurology.com/patients/clip-multilobular-osteochondroma (About a dog’s brain tumor but head pressing is listed as a symptom)
I wasn’t going to reblog this until I read the important caption dang thank you!!!
Image of two cows seeking comfort in one another while awaiting slaughter in a Jakata abbatoir, Indonesia.
"I have unfortunately been inside slaughterhouses and can tell you that the animals are not willingly walking up to the end of the kill line and sticking their necks out. These animals fight with every bit of strength they have left at the end of that kill line. They don’t want to die and they know it’s coming.”
~ Cayce Mell (Peaceable Kingdom)
this makes me so fucking sad.
I understand why my sister is vegan now.. I think I will now be vegan
It’s so easy I’ll help you !
Ive reblogged this before. I dont even care, i will always!