THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN
- finding someone aesthetically pleasing
- being sexually attracted to someone
- being romantically attracted to someone
Classical pianist and YouTube sensation Yuja Wang is making her Celebrity Series of Boston debut on Friday night, and there is some debate in the classical world about whether or not the dresses she wears make for proper attire.
What do you think? Should it matter what a classical pianist wears while performing?
Plays Sergei Rachmaninov’s Piano Concerto No. 3, aka Rach 3, one of the most difficult songs to play in the world, the notes on the sheet music is described as being so dense it looks like a phonebook.
World shits itself because of what she’s wearing.
The world would rip a woman to shreds over her socks before daring to acknowledge her accomplishments.
HOW ABOUT PEOPLE FOCUS ON THE MUSIC INSTEAD? THE THING THAT YOU DO WITH YOUR EARS WHEN YOU GO TO CONCERTS?
It’s not about sexism it’s about tradition in the genre you idiots stop fucking turning everything to some sort of conspiracy
"it’s not about sexism it’s about tradition"
and traditions have never been the product of misogyny and oppressive behaviors before, right?
this is far too mesmerizing not to reblog
this video keeps me young
I CANT FUCKING BREATHE
THIS IS THE MOST FUNNY THING E V E R
i can’t even laugh at this because i actually react too much like this woman
this video is really important in tumblr’s history
Oh my gosh.
BP Oil Spill
Monsanto patenting & farmer prosecution
Preferential Tax Exemption for Oil
Johnson & Johnson
JP Morgan Chase & Food Stamps
Fiscal Cliff Bill
More Preferential Taxing
More Big Pharma
|—||John Burroughs (via emotional-algebra)|
|—||Veronica Mars (via anouksmom)|
why can’t hurricane names be culturally diverse
because white people destroy everything.
- CO2, Methane, and Nitrous Oxide from the livestock industry are killing our oceans with acidic, hypoxic Dead Zones.
- The oceans are dying in our time. By 2048 all our fisheries will be dead. The lungs and the arteries of the earth.
- Only 100 billion people have ever lived. 7 billion alive today. And we torture and kill 2 billion animals every week.
- 10,000 entire species are wiped out every year because of the actions of one species. We are now facing the 6th mass extinction in cosmological history.
- Water is the new oil. Nations will soon be going to war for it. Underground aquifers that took millions of years to fill are running dry.
- It takes 50,000 litres of water to produce one kilo of beef.
- 1 billion people today are hungry. 20 million people will die from malnutrition.
- Cutting meat by only 10% will feed 100 million people. Eliminating meat will end starvation forever.
- If everyone ate a Western diet, we would need 2 Planet Earths to feed them. We only have one. And she is dying.
The earth can produce enough for everyone’s need. But not enough for everyone’s greed.